Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MediaTek "Iphone" from Kuala Lumpur
Hi thanks for your help in advance.

I'm absolutely new to all this but I tried to get as far as I could without help until now I kind of lost my good will. 
So I bought this fake-Iphone in Malaysia and yes I knew it was fake but super cheap as well... wanted to sell it and bla.
Right now I'm in a situation where I decided to keep it for a while as my own phone.
It's a mediatek version and the asian guy I bought it from let it look like it's an Iphone, tried to hide all the features... 
Now I used an app to look which version of android would suit this fake phone the best and it's one or two versions down from the current installed one. I tried to downgrade it with an update.zip file of ice cream sandwich 4.0 but Mediatek won't let me flash it from just the phone so downloaded a Smartphoneflashtool on my Laptop but there is no Scatter-loading-file inside the update.zip data to flash. 

Can someone tell me where I get the right Firmware to downgrade this stupid phone please  Smile Hope it'll work properly with less laggs after this.
Add Thank You Reply
(09-04-2016, 08:35 AM)HateNames Wrote: Hi thanks for your help in advance.

I'm absolutely new to all this but I tried to get as far as I could without help until now I kind of lost my good will. 
So I bought this fake-Iphone in Malaysia and yes I knew it was fake but super cheap as well... wanted to sell it and bla.
Right now I'm in a situation where I decided to keep it for a while as my own phone.
It's a mediatek version and the asian guy I bought it from let it look like it's an Iphone, tried to hide all the features... 
Now I used an app to look which version of android would suit this fake phone the best and it's one or two versions down from the current installed one. I tried to downgrade it with an update.zip file of ice cream sandwich 4.0 but Mediatek won't let me flash it from just the phone so downloaded a Smartphoneflashtool on my Laptop but there is no Scatter-loading-file inside the update.zip data to flash. 

Can someone tell me where I get the right Firmware to downgrade this stupid phone please  Smile Hope it'll work properly with less laggs after this.

please give full info about mobile your are using
Add Thank You Reply
(09-04-2016, 08:37 AM)android master Wrote: please give full info about mobile your are using

Alright 
so Hardware is definitly not original Iphone even if I haven't looked inside yet.
Hardware:
CPU: 1001.0 GHz
RAM: (MB) 478.052
ROM(MB): 640.0
Firmware: 4.2.2
Phone is rooted. I would like to get down to Firmware 4.0.
Smartphone Flash Tool(Runtime Trace Mode) is the Software I downloaded to flash from my laptop as the update.zip data (renamed already it was an Ice cream Sandwich Firmware update... Do I have to name it differently so the Installation doesn't get aborted as soon as I try to flash it from the recovery mode of the phone? I created a backup on one of the Sd-cards inside as there are 2 of them. Need to know anything else? Wanted to use a Rom Manager from Clockwork I installed yesterday to try to flash the update from the turned on phone. This morning I woke up and the app is deinstalled...
Add Thank You Reply
(09-04-2016, 08:58 AM)HateNames Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 08:37 AM)android master Wrote: please give full info about mobile your are using

Alright 
so Hardware is definitly not original Iphone even if I haven't looked inside yet.
Hardware:
CPU: 1001.0 GHz
RAM: (MB) 478.052
ROM(MB): 640.0
Firmware: 4.2.2
Phone is rooted. I would like to get down to Firmware 4.0.
Smartphone Flash Tool(Runtime Trace Mode) is the Software I downloaded to flash from my laptop as the update.zip data (renamed already it was an Ice cream Sandwich Firmware update... Do I have to name it differently so the Installation doesn't get aborted as soon as I try to flash it from the recovery mode of the phone? I created a backup on one of the Sd-cards inside as there are 2 of them. Need to know anything else? Wanted to use a Rom Manager from Clockwork I installed yesterday to try to flash the update from the turned on phone. This morning I woke up and the app is deinstalled...

did you check what is inside the update.zip 
is it flashable zip or 
sp flash tools backup ?
Add Thank You Reply
(09-04-2016, 11:17 AM)android master Wrote: did you check what is inside the update.zip 
is it flashable zip or 
sp flash tools backup ?

Sorry I don't know here's a screenshot from the zipped data on my laptop as I tried to flash it from my Computer. But there is no Scatter-loading File to run through my program so I guess it's not flashable and the wrong firmware? If so do you know where I get the right one or how I can figure out quickly which Mt model I have so I can look it up somehow?

Here we go...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Add Thank You Reply
(09-04-2016, 01:43 PM)HateNames Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 11:17 AM)android master Wrote: did you check what is inside the update.zip 
is it flashable zip or 
sp flash tools backup ?

Sorry I don't know here's a screenshot from the zipped data on my laptop as I tried to flash it from my Computer. But there is no Scatter-loading File to run through my program so I guess it's not flashable and the wrong firmware? If so do you know where I get the right one or how I can figure out quickly which Mt model I have so I can look it up somehow?

Here we go...
Cannot upload the screener without permit.
Add Thank You Reply
it a flashable zip you can flash this via recovery menu
Add Thank You Reply
(09-05-2016, 07:05 AM)android master Wrote: it a flashable zip you can flash this via recovery menu

I tried and it didn't work that's why I'm here  Smile Installation aborted after about a fourth. Is it because it's a downgrade?
Add Thank You Reply
(09-05-2016, 12:29 PM)HateNames Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:05 AM)android master Wrote: it a flashable zip you can flash this via recovery menu

I tried and it didn't work that's why I'm here  Smile Installation aborted after about a fourth. Is it because it's a downgrade?

yes error because of downgrade
Add Thank You Reply
That doesn't help me to be honest do you have an idea how to deal with this problem?
Add Thank You Reply